Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The First Set-Back

Yesterday I was walking to my car, heading home from work, and I was dreaming about the day we receive our referral and the first picture of our little girl. Tears came to my eyes and I was so thankful to be beginning this journey and feeling like it really is going to happen.

Today I got an email from the woman who will hopefully be guiding us through the process. I was hoping it was her accepting our application, but it wasn't. She traveled to Uganda last month and was emailing to tell the families she's working with that something is going on in Uganda and they don't know the future of their program there. This is a big blow b/c we have been researching countries and programs for over a year. Each time we thought we had decided on a country, we would read something about changes in that country and how adoptions are being suspended by agencies b/c they are uncertain what those changes mean to the adoption process and whether or not adoptions from that country can be successful at this time. We've been so excited about Uganda. We felt like we found a good organization to guide us. We knew it was going to be a long long process, but we were excited to get going with it.

After a good little cry while driving down the road, I started thinking about things. God is in control here. We have two biological children and were working on a third when He put this on our hearts. I don't believe that God would change our path like that without a complete plan. We want more children and could have them the usual way, but we want to follow God's plan for growing our family. I'm disappointed that Uganda may be heading the same way the other countries have for us, but nothing is certain yet. God has a plan in Uganda and a plan in our family. We'll pray that the changes or decisions in Uganda are positive for the children there. If they cause delays in the adoptions from that country, we'll pray that they are temporary and adoptions will pick up again quickly. And we'll be praying that God tells us if we are supposed to continue with Uganda or change countries again. I can't imagine how people live without God. I'm so thankful to know that I'm not in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment