Friday, January 11, 2013

The First of the Waiting

I should really get used to this waiting stuff, but I thought it would be after our dossier is submitted, not so much during the "paperchase".

Our Home Study has been done for over a month now, but all the revisions for Virginia and Ethiopia are taking some time. Our last reference letter should be emailed today, so that will help. Once we have a notarized copy of our Home Study we can submit our I600-A application and do our FBI fingerprints in Charlotte whenever they tell us to go. I didn't realize this approval takes about 3 months to get back, I was hoping for 6 weeks. It's all step-by-step. I'll be working on the dossier during that time so it can all be submitted as soon as that's back.

Some prayer requests for now:
- speedy completion and notarization of the Home Study
- smooth process with the fingerprints

A cute story:
I was laying with Keller the other night and he was talking about Elynne. He said when she comes home he will feed her and hold her. He said she may be scared, and I told him we would love her and try to make her comfortable in her new family and new home. He said he would sing her a lullaby like the ones I sang to him. It's so fun to hear them think about where she is and what it will be like when she comes home.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOO excited to walk with you on this journey, Friend!

    ReplyDelete