Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dossier is Submitted!

Well, it's done. We received Peter's passport in the mail yesterday. He quickly signed it and I headed to UPS to overnight our dossier to our agency. My folder, that has held pages and pages of paperwork for eight months, is empty. It's a very strange feeling. It's all out of our hands now. It's up to our case worker, our agencies, Ethiopia, and ultimately God. Now we wait...and wait...and wait. For probably 15-18 months to be matched with a little girl who needs a home and family. Oh, and we decorate! I've been putting off decorating Elynne's room until now, and should probably wait a little longer b/c I'm sure if I painted now, I would change my mind many times over the next two years until she's home. But I have picked out a chandelier from Pottery Barn Kids and a dark skinned handmade doll from ETSY that I will probably order soon :)

As for prayers...
- Please pray that our documents are complete and that they reach West Sands before any are over 6 months old, which is later this month.
- Our dossier will travel to Kentucky, Utah, DC, and Ethiopia. Please pray for all the hands that will touch it as it is translated, authenticated, reviewed and sent to Ethiopia.
- As always, please pray for our process and for Elynne. She's probably not born yet, so please include her biological family in your prayers.

Like I said, it's a very strange feeling to have an empty folder and nothing on my "to do" list. We'll get our waiting list number soon, which will most likely be in the 100's, but it will be our number and we'll finally be on "the list". 

We can never express how thankful we are for each of you and your support and prayers. 

We'll let you know when we receive our number!


No comments:

Post a Comment